Head of Drama – Leah McCay
Teachers of Drama – Claire Kirk, LouiseTimmons, Michelle McGrade, Kelly Houston, Gareth Devine
Aims of the Department
- To help the pupil come to an understanding of him/herself and his/her environment and through this to foster tolerance and understanding of other people and their point of view.
to encourage and improve self-expression
to developfluency of speech, self-knowledge, self-respect, self-confidence,self-discipline and self-control
to learn to negotiate and to co-operate in work with others
to develop orderly thinking and an ability to organise
- To help pupils achieve an understanding of, and satisfaction and enjoyment from, the medium of drama.
- To provide a social and moral training, and to help young peopleto mature emotionally in preparation for later life.
- To develop language skills.
- To develop the ability to solve problems and to take decisions both alone and in collaboration with others.
Description of the curriculum
Key Stage 3
The aim of drama at KS3 is to introduce pupils to drama through practical tasks so that they have an awareness of themselves and their ability to communicate with others. Skills covered include: roleplay, improvisation, mime, tableaux, text based work (from‘page to stage’), movement
Key Stage 4
Pupils who opt for drama at this level complete either AQA GCSE or aBTEC in Performing Arts
Key Stage 5
Pupils complete AQA AS and A2 exams
Actor/actress , stage manager, arts administrator, drama teacher, dramatherapist, television production assistant, youth & community worker, personnel manager, social worker, journalist, marketing manager, charities administrator, radio presenter
After School DramaClub
Schools’ DramaFestival group
We consistently achieve a 100% pass rate (A* - C) at GCSE and A level
Our students consistently achieve band one pieces (top band) in their practical exams atGCSE and A Level
Exam students have won North West Schools’ Drama festival – competing against other schools in thearea
For specifications and course details of the GCSE and AS/ A level content:
For specification and course details of the BTEC in Performing Arts:
Add content here...